The latest catalogs from ABAA members have landed just in time for summer.
To receive a monthly list of new acquisitions, primarily concerning the American West, sign up here...
- Elist 14 -- 45 interesting new items selected from a large inventory of materials relating to the history, art, and literature of American social movements.
- Elist 15 -- Fine Literature from the Richard Scarafoni Collection
Photography -- catalog of vernacular photography albums (No. 206)
Theatre -- a sampling of plays, scripts, screenplays, playbills and theatrical ephemera, including items of significance to LGBT and African American history and to the labor movement.
- Heavy Metal -- a selection of heavy metal zines, books, flyers, studio lyrics, correspondence, and other materials.
- BREAKING ALL THE RULES: Social Commentary in Modern American Board Games
Elist 33 -- A selection of recent acquisitions; these include rare works, many of them signed by, Ansel Adams, Manuel Alvarez Bravo, Alphonse Bertillon, Louis Desire Blanquart-Evrard, P.R.P. Dagron, P.H. Emerson, Robert Frank, Lorraine Hansberry, Eikoh Hosoe, Georges Hugnet, Germaine Krull, L. Moholy-Nagy, Nadar, and others.
- Post-Punk, Factory Records, & Manchester -- Featuring zines, posters, flyers, videos and more from City Fun, Joy Division, New Order, Duritti Column, Morrissey, designer Peter Saville, the Hacienda nightclub, and others.
- Elist relating to eternal optimist, visionary, utopian, iconoclast, architect, designer, and philosopher R, Buckmister Fuller -- 13 items, including several scarce and ephemeral pieces, from throughout his prolific career.
Catalog 132 -- Recent acquisitions.
Early Theatre -- 16-18th centuries, including a few prints and a rare 18th century album of engravings of the stage settings from the Amsterdam Schouwburg.
- 25 Literary Broadsides -- Including work by Tess Gallagher, Denise Levertov, Richard Ford, Jim Harrison, Billy Collins, Seamus Heaney, and many others.
- 19 Books with Original Photographs -- Photographers in the list include: Tom Baril, Shelby Lee Adams, Imogen Cunningham, David Goldbaltt, Bernd & Hilla Becher, Dave Heath, Yuichi Hibi, Art Shay, Stephen Shore.
The latest elist (Miscellany, 36 items) from John Michael Lang Fine Books is available upon request from email@example.com
- 30 Pamphlets, Broadsides and Other Ephemera -- May 31, 2016
- 30 Rare Books, Pamphlets and Broadsides E-List -- 30 Items, June 6, 2016
- 30 Recent Antiquarian Acquisitions -- June 14th, 2016
- Catalog 83: Fifteenth and Sixteenth-Century English & Continental Law
The latest elist from Ken Lopez Books can be found here...
- Catalog 78 -- Prints and Drawings
- The Paul J. Jackson Opera Collection Part VI: N-P -- Autograph Letters, Signed Scores, Printed Music, Books, Programs, Drawings, Posters, Prints, Photographs & Related Ephemera.
The Red Finch -- new monthly catalog of items at auction.
Catalog 310 -- A spring catalog of books about books.
- Catalogue Six: Too Much of a Good Thing - Groups, Collections and Small Archives -- This, our sixth full-length catalogue, consists of things that come in bunches, piles, albums, boxes, folders, envelopes, and the like. Most are groups, collections and small archives of one sort or another. When cataloguing these types of things, I’m always tempted to use the word “convolute” (as a noun), not least of all because of the implication of chaos. But these groups are mostly organized, at least thematically, and occasionally by strict principals. Groups also provide opportunity for discovery, as any collector knows, and we hope you will discover something of interest amongst the crowded pages within, and that you are not overcome with too much of a good thing.
- 2016 RBMS Showcase List -- 37 notable items we will be brining to Florida for the 2016 RBMS Conference.
Catalog 335 -- Literature & Book Arts
Catalog: Gender Studies 1965 to the Present -- to request an electronic copy, visit www.secondlifebooks.com.
Catalog 292: Church History & Theology, 16th- 19th Century, Recent Acquisitions -- Mormon: Pratt's Voice of Warning, 1837 1st ed.; Erasmus against Luther 1526; Erasmus on Marriage, 1526, Folio Latin Bible 1527; Cotton Mather's Christian Philospher, 1721 1st ed.; plus a few manuscript leaves from the 13th & 15th centuries.
Catalogue 170 -- Rare Books and Manuscripts New and Recent Acquisitions, 81 items.
Remember, you can always browse and download the latest catalogs published by ABAA members on ABAA.org by visiting the following link: https://www.abaa.org/catalog/... (You can also access this page by selecting 'Booksellers' from the top menu, scroll to the bottom of the page to 'Member Catalogs', and click on 'View All'.)