Every month, ABAA members release catalogs and electronic lists highlighting their new acquisitions and showcasing books and ephemera on various themes. Serious collectors peruse these catalogs immediately, ever on the lookout for books they covet for their personal collections.
We invite you to examine the latest catalogs linked below, and contact the dealer if anything catches your eye. (Note: the items featured in these collections are not listed on abaa.org, so will not appear in search results.)
Recent Acquisitions -- list only available to mailing list subscribes. Sign up here...
- E-List 16: New Arrivals -- 55 items in the realm of American Social Movements and Radical History, including books, manuscripts, graphics, and ephemera.
- E-list 17: Fine Books -- The Scarafoni Collection, Part II
- Vote Early & Often -- Presidential campaign ephemera, mostly from outside the two-party system
- New & Recent Acquisitions
- "American Negroes Want Freedom" -- A shortlist on China and the African-American struggle
List 224 -- Books about Books, Press Books, Literature
Occupations: Art, Squatting, & Contested Spaces -- A short list of 20 items related to the them of Occupation, including material related to ABC No Rio and the Real Estate Show, People's Park, the American Indian Movement, and international squatting movements.
- 50 Albums, Commonplace Books, Journals and more dating from 1815 through the mid-20th Century
- Ephemera -- including the following categories: Made by Hand; Social History; Transformation; It's all about the Children; Collections - Large & Small
- E-list No. 27 Miscellany -- Bierbrauer, Building Applications, Gender Roles, Fashion, Poetry & Of Course the Children
List 19: A NATION DIVIDED -- Fact, Fiction, Sheet Music and Other Material Related Directly or Peripherally to the Civil War. Available by request from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Two Albums of Early Carriages
- 18th Century Rare Books and Fine Prints
- 19th Century Books and Prints
- Early Modern Drama
- Elist 86: 30 New Arrivals -- Highlights from this list: Brand New Signed Advance Copy of Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace, Signed Copy of Niagara by Alec Soth, and Made in France by Richard Avedon
- Quick List 3: 22 Literary Signed LiteraryAppearances
List 33: Venezuela -- Modern Publications on Politics, History, Finance, Literature, Bibliography
Occasional List 2016-1 -- 51 items published from 1839-1986 on or about photographically illustrated books, the technology and/or chemistry of photography, and a few actual photographs.
- 30 Recent Antiquarian Acquisitions -- E-List 30 Items
- Items on Display at the AALL Annual Conference, Chicago, IL, July 16-19, 2016 -- E-List 50 Items
- 30 Continental Titles, 1608-1898
- 30 Antiquarian Books from America, England, Scotland and Continental Europe
- 31 Recent Antiquarian and Scholarly Acquisitions
- 30 Antiquarian Titles
- Lovely & Bawdy: Miscellany -- 18thc. bawdy verse; VictorianEra Women's Colleges; Silent Film Intertitles; 70's DiMaggio; Ching Chow.
- Late Summer -- Jorges Luis Borges, '20s Brazilian Journal, MOMA and Brunel, Typographic Royalty, Girl's World History Notebook.
- Free Range Virginia Paper: Pre Civil War paper, 1890s Gymnastics handbills, Hate Group Forms, Shenandoah Poetry, Lord Kenneth Clark Letter, Children's Handmade.
- Punk is Dead -- A retrospective selection of critical primary source materials documenting the punk rock movement of the 1970s-1990s. The collection illustrates the profound subculture of punk from an artistic and politically fueled era from Los Angeles, New York, and London.
- Sex, Death & the Devil -- An expansion of an established theme exploring visually stimulating, intellectually engaging, and often challenging items. This selection of material includes rare editions, archival materials, and obscure media illustrating facets of human sexuality, gender diversities, mortality, and contentious belief systems. The catalog is both diverse and thoughtful, exploring a broad spectrum of interests.
List #6: Nexus Press -- 53 items, ranging from exhibition catalogs to artists' books, and a few things in between.
- Early Continental Books -- Including, alchemy, chemistry, type specimens, emblem books, art history, humanism, classics, etc.
- July Recent Acquisitions
Catalog 267: Road Trip! -- A catalog for summer, when families and drivers traditionally take to the open road.
- Sample Books
- Books in German
- Cuban Imprints, 1799 to 1861 -- available by request (email@example.com)
- Graphic Art -- Engraved Books
- Natural History
- American Bibles -- Pre-1820
Number 16-1: Spring - Summer of 2016 -- A wide- range of interesting (and mostly unique) Americana: diaries, photograph albums, books, advertising, sheet music, and other ephemera
- Special List 239: The Azores -- This list, with 107 items, seventeenth through twenty-first centuries, includes works about the Azores, books printed there, and works by authors native to the Islands. Significant items deal as well with Madeira, Cabo Verde, Brazil, Portugal's former possessions in Africa and Asia, as well as continental Portugal.
- Special List 240: Twenty-four Recent Acquisitions (July 12, 2016)
- Special List 241: Art & Art History, Relatively Recent Portuguese Imprints
July 2016 list -- consisting of 19 early continental books, including recent acquisitions.
Catalogue 145: E.F. The Fascist Era in Italy, 1914-1945 -- Gathering of books and a variety of pamphlets and ephemeral material... sheet music, posters, flyers... representative of propaganda created and distributed during these three decades.
- Catalog 170: Rare Books and Manuscripts -- New and Recent Acquisitions - 81 items
- 19th Century Photographically Illustrated Books and Albums
Catalog 8 -- Featuring Romanov family material, poetry, DP camp publications, emigre imprints, and more, in various Slavic languages. Also included are several items of/about Russia in German, French, and English.
Remember, you can always browse and download the latest catalogs published by ABAA members on ABAA.org by visiting the following link: https://www.abaa.org/catalog/... (You can also access this page by selecting 'Booksellers' from the top menu, scroll to the bottom of the page to 'Member Catalogs', and click on 'View All'.)