1795-1803 · Boston, Philad
12mo. Contemporary smooth calf, simple gilt rules on spine. Rubbed, sound. Signature or exlibris stamp of H.C. Chenevard in several places including the title pages of each play. A few contemporary ink notes throughout text.
1. Colman, George, 1762-1836. John Bull; or, An Englishman's fire-side. A new and celebrated comedy, in five acts. Baltimore, Printed by John W. Butler, for Andrew Price, 1803.
2. Lillo, George, 1693-1739. The London merchant, or, the history of George Barnwell. As it is acted at the Theatre Royal, in Drury-Lane, by His Majesty's servants. Boston, Printed at the Apollo Press by Belknap and Hall, 1793.
3. Holcroft, Thomas. The deserted daughter: a comedy. As performed at the Boston Theatre with universal applause. Boston: Printed for William P. Blake, at the Boston Bookstore, no. 59, Cornhill, 1795.
4. (Goldsmith, Oliver She stoops to conquer; or the mistakes of a night).
5. Allingham, John Till. The marriage promise, a comedy in five acts : as performed at the Theatre-Royal, Drury-Lane. Philadelphia: 1803.
Provenance: Hepsibah C. Chenevard (nee Collier). wife of John M. W. Chenevard 1733 - 1805? (Inventory #: 12mo. Contemporary smooth)