1936 · np, nd
1. TROILUS AND CRESSIDA: "Tis Troilus! There is a man"
2. KING JOHN: "Heaven take my soul an England keep my bones"
3. KING HENRY IV, PART I: Fare thee well, great heart"
4. JULIUS CAESAR: Farewell, good strato, Caesar now be still"
5. SONNETS: "O how thy worth with manners may I sing" (#39)
6. MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING: "But know I have thought wooed manspirit"
7. TITUS ANDRONICUS: "Confusion fall"
8. RICHARD II: "I have been studying how I may compare the prison where I live unto the world"
9. ALL'S WELL THAT ENDS WELL: But, O strange men, that can such sweet use make of what they hate"
10. OTHELLO: "It is the cause; It is the cause, my soul"
11. THE MERCHANT OF VENICE:"Shed thou no blood, nor cut thou less nor more" We have not been able to track this set down. It is not listed in THE PRINTS OF ROCKWELL KENT, although there is a listing a folio presentation of 40 prints with just one signed. Kent did illustrate a complete works of Shakespeare for Doubleday in 1936. These images are most likely from that book. (Inventory #: 59816)