1850 · Middletown
This Rural Cemetery was constructed to prevent the rising tide of urbanization from causing "desecration of the remains of friends and relatives." A list of Stockholders and their chosen cemetery lots is included; as are a list and brief biography of 'Indian Proprietors of Mattebeseck, and their Descendants, Whose Names Appear in the Town Records, from 1673 to 1749,' by Joseph Barratt. As OCLC notes, the final two pages are "misnumbered 3-4."
FIRST EDITION. Sabin 48870. OCLC locates eight copies under three accession numbers. (Inventory #: 27912)