1834] · [Philadelphia
The Journal of belles lettres, embracing three to four pages of additional new matter, will be given every week as an accompaniment . . . " was issued on the printed wrappers of The Select Circulating Library, the new series of The Select Circulating Library, and the quarto Select Library. The Journal was also issued separately "on fine white paper . . . to non-subscribers to the 'Library,' at two dollars per annum if paid in advance, or three dollars at the end of the year" (American Antiquarian Society catalogue record).
The weekly began in 1833 and ceased in 1842, but was suspended in 1840, resuming in 1841.
The single issue offered her is "Part II, no. 26, December 23, 1834."
. Overall browning. Small area of upper margin of pp. 3/4 torn away, no loss of text. (Inventory #: 36025)