February 8th, 2019 - February 10th, 2019
Oakland Marriott City Center
The 52nd California International Antiquarian Book Fair will be held on February 8-10, 2019, at the Oakland Marriott City Center.
Featuring the collections and rare treasures of over 200 booksellers from over 30 different countries the California International Antiquarian Book Fair is recognized as one of the world’s largest and most prestigious exhibitions of antiquarian books. The California International Antiquarian Book Fair gives visitors the opportunity to see, learn about, and purchase the finest in rare and valuable books, manuscripts, autographs, graphics, photographs, print ephemera, and much more.
For more information visit cabookfair.com.
Tickets may be purchased at the door and include return admission throughout the duration of the Fair.
Friday, Opening Day—$25
Saturday and Sunday—$15
FREE admission for students with current valid student ID.
ABAA and ILAB members receive free admission upon showing membership card.
If you have been given a VIP Complimentary Pass from an exhibitor, please exchange your pass for a 3-day ticket at the door.
Recognized as one of the largest and most prestigious antiquarian book fairs in the world, this three-day event features the collections and rare treasures of nearly 200 booksellers from over 20 countries, including manuscripts, modern first editions, children’s books, maps and autographs, as well as antiquarian books on a wide range of topics.
Additional Fair Features include:
- A special exhibit from the Book Club of California highlighting women printers and book artists, as well as a display of some of the Club’s oldest and most sought-after publications
- An exhibit on the works of L. Frank Baum from the private collection of Joel Harris, a member of the International Wizard of Oz Club
- Information about local library and university collections
- Book Arts, such as letterpress printing and calligraphy
- Book Fair Finds – select items under $100
- Discovery Day – free appraisals for up to three books per attendee
- Seminars & Lectures
- "Cyclone on the Prairies: The Magic of the Land of Oz"
- "Book Collecting 101"
- "What's This Book Worth?"
In recognition of the next generation of bibliophiles, the Fair is pleased to announce The California Youth Book Collector’s Prize, a competition open to collectors aged 35 and under who reside in California. The winner’s collection will be showcased at the Fair.
For more information visit www.cabookfair.com...