For decades, rare-book dealers have used printed catalogs to inform collectors of their available items. In the internet age, these print catalogs persist -- in fact, have often become things of beauty -- but can also take the form of electronic lists, .pdfs, Google docs, electronic magazines, email newsletters, videos, blog posts, even Instagram and Facebook posts! In order to keep up with the rapidly evolving trade, we try to include all such lists here, in whatever form our members choose to release them.
Browse the latest catalogs, newsletters, e-lists, etc., of rare books, fine bindings, incunabula, print ephemera, and much more from the members of the ABAA below...
Please note, this list is updated weekly, usually on Wednesdays. *New* indicates any catalogs added this week.
- Winter Miscellany 2018 *New*
- Spring Miscellany 2018 -- Contains 46 select items, all new arrivals, in a variety of fields.
- Rare Book Catalog #20 *New*
- Recent Acquisitions -- list only available to mailing list subscribers. Sign up here...
- Electronic List No. 3 : 20th-Century Arts, Odds, and Ends *New*
- Catalog No. 1: A Selection of Unusual Printed and Manuscript Works Relating to Magic, Museums, Religion, Science, the Stage, and Other Diverse Subjects
- English Libertine Literature 1652-1843 -- Catalog available by request firstname.lastname@example.org
- Catalog 58: California Book Fair
- Catalog 57 -- Sustained Ambitions or, The Eccentricities of Endurance
- American Notes & Queries, 1946-1950 and 1962-1976. 18 volumes, lacking 3 issues. -- contact email@example.com for more information...
- Small Collection of Publishing Histories, Memoirs, and Methods -- contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information...
- Popular Fiction 1814-1939: Selections from the Anthony Tino Collection -- Offered jointly with John W. Knott, Jr., Bookseller
- New Arrivals *New*
12 Images taken by George A. Plave Photographer of Concord, NH, showing sleights in what appear to be a Winter Parade Images 3 3/4 by 4 1/2. Circa 1880's slight bowing. Very nice images in good cond.
Offered by DeWolfe & Wood and included in their current list of New Arrivals (item #8).
- Catalog #88, Medical Books from the Fifteenth to the Twentieth Centuries -- This catalog is print-only. To request a copy, contact MedBks@aol.com
- Boston Antiquarian Int'l Book Fair Preview Lists:
- Part 1: Short List
- Part 2: Collection & Archives
- Part 3: Albums & Journals
- List 34: Contemporary Artist Books from Editorial Cuadernos Papiro, in Holguin, Cuba *New*
- List 33: Social Movements
- Boston Book Fair 2018
- Northern Reaches: Polar Exploration, Inuitethnology, and Cross-Cultural Contact
- OCCASIONAL LIST 22: A Miscellany: Original Art Work; Small Archive of Major English Watercolourist; Interesting Theatrical Pieces; Manuscript Material, Etc., Etc. -- available on request from email@example.com
- Chelsea Book Fair Catalog -- available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Popular Fiction 1814-1939: Selections from the Anthony Tino Collection -- Offered jointly with L.W. Currey, Inc.
- Catalog #74: 100 Rare Books -- with an emphasis on history and military affairs. Please request from email@example.com...
- Catalog #6: The Extraordinary History of the Everyday *New*
- E-list #2: African Americana, Women, LGBTQ . . .
- A Selection of 30 Antiquarian Items: Canon, Civil, Common, Roman & Scots Law (December 4, 2018) *New*
- 30 American, English, & Scottish Trials (November 27, 2018)
- San Francisco Map Fair September 2018 - Pictorial Maps of the Twentieth Century
- Tokyo International Antiquarian Book Fair
- Catalog 46, December 2018 -- by subscription only. *New* Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details about obtaining a copy.
- Women *New*
- Biblio-Giftables *New*
- Medical Books from the Stock of F. Thomas Heller, Bookseller (List #2)
- The Aldine Press
- E-list – The War to End All Wars: The History, Literature & Images of World War One *New*
- Catalog 359: The 17th Century
- Short List of 18th and 19th Century American Works Relating to the Education of Women
- 18th & 19th Century Hymnody and Psalmody
- Catalog 148: Our Material Culture - A Selection of American and European trade catalogues for retail & wholesale markets, 1870-1965, with a particular emphasis on catalogues from France.
- Medicine & Health
- "Occasional List" -- please request a copy directly from email@example.com...
- Catalog 207: Medical Classics & the Library of Arthur H. Cohen, MD: Kidney, Pathology, Bright’s Disease
- Catalog 206: Richard Weiss Library on the Natural & Physical Science (Part V: J-L)
Remember, you can always browse and download the latest catalogs published by ABAA members on ABAA.org by visiting the following link: https://www.abaa.org/catalog/... (You can also access this page by selecting 'Booksellers' from the top menu, scroll to the bottom of the page to 'Member Catalogs', and click on 'View All'.)